Thursday, March 22, 2012

bugs in subreport

I have a table contain a sub report . when I run on preview (visual studio), no problem . but when I run from my application , the report viewer just show "Report been generated" , never show the report .

after try and error I discover that when the query from main report return no records , plus the table contain a sub report , the problem occur only if you run it from your application using report viewer . not from visual studio . is this a bugs? anyway to resolve this or work around?

thks

a couple of things..

on your main report, you should probobaly set up a static dataset that always returns data... some like select from table where 1=1 or something like that. You can hide that information.

Secondly, besure to set up a description in the no rows property of the main and sub reports.

No comments:

Post a Comment