Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bug?: rsMultiReportItemsInPageSectionExpression when one report item, but referenced twice

When I reference the same report item twice in my footer expression I get an
error saying that I've refereced two items. My motivation is the database
field on each page footer. I have a custom assembly instance that stores
the value from the first page, then returns it when I am passing in empty
values. I tried the page number from the globals collection but ran into
#Error...anyway, getting off base. My issue is that the report expression
references a single item twice. Should I be able to do this? If not,
should the error message be more specific?
Expression:
=IIf(IsNothing(ReportItems!txtSchoolNameHidden.Value)=False,
Code.loc.SchoolName(ReportItems!txtSchoolNameHidden.Value),
Code.loc.SchoolName(""))
Error:
[rsMultiReportItemsInPageSectionExpression] The Value expression for the
textbox 'txtSchoolName' refers to more than one report item. An expression
in a page header or footer can refer to only one report item.Submitted bug to Microsoft via Product Feedback
"Steve MunLeeuw" <smunson@.clearwire.net> wrote in message
news:%23RtLLbKNGHA.3728@.tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl...
> When I reference the same report item twice in my footer expression I get
> an error saying that I've refereced two items. My motivation is the
> database field on each page footer. I have a custom assembly instance
> that stores the value from the first page, then returns it when I am
> passing in empty values. I tried the page number from the globals
> collection but ran into #Error...anyway, getting off base. My issue is
> that the report expression references a single item twice. Should I be
> able to do this? If not, should the error message be more specific?
> Expression:
> =IIf(IsNothing(ReportItems!txtSchoolNameHidden.Value)=False,
> Code.loc.SchoolName(ReportItems!txtSchoolNameHidden.Value),
> Code.loc.SchoolName(""))
> Error:
> [rsMultiReportItemsInPageSectionExpression] The Value expression for the
> textbox 'txtSchoolName' refers to more than one report item. An
> expression in a page header or footer can refer to only one report item.
>

No comments:

Post a Comment