Tuesday, March 20, 2012

bug: PageBreak does not work when set Hidden (visibilty) using parameters

In my report project, I used many subreport in my master report. Each
subreport was put in a rectangle area so that I could setup
PageBreakAtEnd or PageBreakAtStart. In the meantime I also need to set
the Hidden property which is based on the parameters or conditional
expression for showing/hidding subreports. BUT PAGE BREAK does not work
at all.
If setting this HIDDEN property using False or True instead of
expression, page break still works fine. It's definitely such a big bug
that it makes subreports or other report items less useful. When
rendering report the layout of report is so strange. I knew this issue
last year.
Is there any solution or other alternative way to the issue or does SP2
resolve it?
Thanks,
LeonLeon I agree with you and have the same issue. We would appreciate really if
Reporting Service help desk give us some definitive response on this ASAP.
"leon" wrote:
> In my report project, I used many subreport in my master report. Each
> subreport was put in a rectangle area so that I could setup
> PageBreakAtEnd or PageBreakAtStart. In the meantime I also need to set
> the Hidden property which is based on the parameters or conditional
> expression for showing/hidding subreports. BUT PAGE BREAK does not work
> at all.
> If setting this HIDDEN property using False or True instead of
> expression, page break still works fine. It's definitely such a big bug
> that it makes subreports or other report items less useful. When
> rendering report the layout of report is so strange. I knew this issue
> last year.
> Is there any solution or other alternative way to the issue or does SP2
> resolve it?
> Thanks,
> Leon
>

No comments:

Post a Comment