Tuesday, March 20, 2012

BUG: Integration Services Project-can't click on "save Copy of Package As..."

Hi.

I found a possible bug. If I open/create a new Integration Services Project and then try to save a copy of the package to SQL Server I found that for the option to "save Copy of Package As..." is only available if I am in the package itself. If I click (highlight) on the package in the Solution explorer and then click on the File tab, the "save Copy of Package As..." option is not available.

I hope that I explained this well enough.

thanks.

Thanks. This is actually by design.

The File menu in VS relates to open files that are currently selected in the designer. Selecting an object in Solution folder and right-clicking does not open the file, so the File menu in VS is still relating to the currently open and selected object - if any.

Donald

No comments:

Post a Comment