Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bug?

I have a .rdl file which I opened in visual studio 2005. I answered Yes to the prompt Microsoft Report Designer. . . Do you want to convert this file? [Yes] Then I saved the file.

The issue is when I am in Visual Studio and click on the Preview tab, I get the following error:

[rsErrorLoadingCodeModule] Error while loading code module: ‘x.ReportDefinitionsHelper, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null’. Details: Could not load file or assembly 'AdvancedMD.Report.ReportDefinitionsHelper, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified.

There was a <CodeModule> which existed prior to the conversion and the preview worked fine.

I tried to re-add the reference by clicking on the Layout tab then go to the report properties tab. Then, under references I clicked on the collection and browsed to the file which I wanted to reference and clicked ok, but I still get the error above when I click on the Preview tab. I tried to remove the reference save then come back in and add it again, but it still gives the error above.

The file I am trying to add to <CodeModule> (x.ReportDefinitionsHelper) references the following:

System

System.Data

System.Xml

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

(I can load the .rdl to reporting services 2005 and go into Reporting Services Manager and view the report without any issues.)

I just had to move the file I was referenceing to the following location:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies

|||This solved the problem for me too. I have part of the VS2005 installed on my D: drive instead of the C: drive. But regardless of this I think it is strange that we have to put our own dll's in the MS directories. I would like to have them in my own project files. I think it is a bug since the VS2005 has a project structure, and it seems this does not fit in.|||

I had the same problem and however I have installed VS2005 in C: so that isn't the problem... the solution for me, as for TMK and Jelle, has been to put my dll in:

C:\Program Files\Microsoft Visual Studio 8\Common7\IDE\PrivateAssemblies

What i would like to know is the reason because of we have to put our dlls in that directory if in our references we specified another directory...

Can anyone explain it to us?

No comments:

Post a Comment