Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Bug: default value showing as query based when it is not (report m

I have a report which uses a query to populate a parameter.
The default value is not queried, this is just set to "=1".
When the report is deployed, the parameter in report manager is showing as
'query based' which is wrong.
This is a pain in the ass as when I try linking to this report, I am not
able to set the value to something else.If you use a query to specify a range of parameters then it seems to show
default as 'query based' in the report manager.
What I have discovered is that if you change something to do with the
parameters on the report and redeploy, you can pick up the changes in the
linked report by repointing the linked report at the same report, this forces
some kind of refresh to occur and although very annoying, is easier than
recreating the linked report.
<despair>Thanks to MS for providing a UI of such high quality.</despair>
"adolf garlic" wrote:
> I have a report which uses a query to populate a parameter.
> The default value is not queried, this is just set to "=1".
> When the report is deployed, the parameter in report manager is showing as
> 'query based' which is wrong.
> This is a pain in the ass as when I try linking to this report, I am not
> able to set the value to something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment