Thursday, March 22, 2012

Bug? Transfer SQL Server Objects Task - error when copying Views

I'm trying to copy data over using a Transfer SQL Server Objects Task however I get problems trying to copy over views. I get the similar error (pre sp1) when using import/export wizard and copying over views. Now with SP1 the views just don't transfer. I'm transferring from SQL 2005 to SQL 2005. The error I get is:

Error: 0xC002F363 at Transfer Data (NEW), Transfer SQL Server Objects Task: Table "vw_XXXX" does not exist at the source. Task failed: Transfer Data (NEW)

I know the view exists at the source because:

A) I can select it in the Views List Collection within the Transfer SQL Server Objects Task
B) I'm using the view on the source

Somehow the views are not transferring. Anyone have any ideas?

I just noticed that SP1 import/export wizard copies the views to the destination as tables!!! What is going on here?!?! Is this why I'm having problems in the Transfer SQL Server Objects Task as stated above?|||Also get Error: 0x80004005 on Microsoft SQL Native Client when using this Task about 30% of the time.|||If you do a search you will find that the Transfer Objects Task is pretty buggy. I would avoid it until those issues are resolved.|||

So has this been fixed? I'm getting the same error:

[Transfer SQL Server Objects Task] Error: Table "tbl_BOL_ShipID" does not exist at the source.

I know the referenced table exists at the source.

|||Do you have the CopySchema option set to true? This is a frequent source of these error messages.|||

I've use the same way.

This Task checks the Objects and Columns casesensitive.

So all Objects and Columns must be identically named.

|||I believe some work was done on the case sensitivity issue in SP2. Are you still seeing this problem after upgrading?

No comments:

Post a Comment