Friday, February 24, 2012

Browsing Cube

Hi,

I have created, populate and processed a cube successfully and can also browse it successfully on one server. But when I deploy this cube to another server I can create, populate and process the cube sucessfully but when I go to browse the cube through SQL Management Studio I recive the following error:

The query could not be processed: o OLE DB error: OLE DB or ODBC error: You do not have permission to run 'SP_TRACE_CREATE'.; 42000.

I have checked the security and it all appears to be the same, I am using the domain administrator on both servers.

Have you any idea what my issue might be?

Your help will be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,

Hi,

I resolved this issue myself and am position what my resolution so that i may hopefully help someone else if they are to encounter the same problem.

Resolution:

I set the authentication of the datasources being used by the cube to SQL authentication and then used the SQL server 'sa' account as the user.

|||This would imply that you are using ROLAP or HOLAP storage. You should not need to use the "sa" account. A user with db_datareader rights should be enough. The "sa" user has too many rights and really should not be used for anything other than administrative tasks.|||

Hi Darren,

All dimensions of the cube are using plain MOLAP and the cube itself is using plain MOLAP also. If you have any suggestions on how I could browse the cube with using 'sa' as the datasources user then that would be great as I also think as you mentioned that 'sa' should only be used for administration purposes.

Cheers,

|||

MOLAP storage only needs a SQL connection at processing time. When you browse it does not need a connection to the relational source. You could try using SQL Profiler to see what is going on. Do you have pro-active caching or something like that configured?

No comments:

Post a Comment