Friday, February 24, 2012

Browser tab error/crash in BIDS when I want to browse data

I just a newbie , for SQL Analysis service 2005

I followed Analyasis Service Tutorial to create Analysis Project when I done everything after create data source , DSV , create cube and processing cube. I click deploy project and when I click browser tab it's crash and BIDS(Business Intelligence Development Studio) hang not response.

What should I do ? Any suggestion. While after deploy I can use other tab near browser tab properly.

What kind of error you are getting?

See what happens if you wait a little bit. The deployment is sending command to Analysis Server that needs to process a cube and then executes a query to show your results in BIDS. This all might take some time. So wait till deplyment finishes and then go and browse your data.

See if installing SP2 helps you getting better performace out of your cube.

Edward.
--
This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

No comments:

Post a Comment