Friday, February 24, 2012

Browser problem?

I've installed SQL Server 2005 Express on Windows 2000 server. I've enabled
tcp/ip for remote connections. I also have SQL Server 7 on the same server.
I can connect to the SQL Server Express instance remotely if I specify the
dynamic port:
sqlcmd -S<ip address>\sqlexpress,<port number> -Usa -Ppassword
I've started SQL Server Browser and tried to connect without specifying the
dynamic port but it doesn't work?
What am I doing wrong?
What are the specific error messages, numbers when you can't
connect?
-Sue
On Tue, 17 Oct 2006 05:11:02 -0700, Axel
<Axel@.discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've installed SQL Server 2005 Express on Windows 2000 server. I've enabled
>tcp/ip for remote connections. I also have SQL Server 7 on the same server.
>I can connect to the SQL Server Express instance remotely if I specify the
>dynamic port:
>sqlcmd -S<ip address>\sqlexpress,<port number> -Usa -Ppassword
>I've started SQL Server Browser and tried to connect without specifying the
>dynamic port but it doesn't work?
>What am I doing wrong?

No comments:

Post a Comment