Friday, February 24, 2012

Browser Time Out: when executing a DTS package

Hello All,

I am am having a strange problem. I am trying to execute a DTS package
from VB .NET (.aspx) page. The DTS package takes 21 minutes to execute.

When the aspx page sends a command to MS SQL server to execute this DTS

package it starts executing. After 8 minutes the .aspx page shows error

"Cannot Find Server" and errors out with a white screen. The
inetresting thing is the DTS package is still being executed in backend

and completes execution successfully.

I have no clue why this is happening because there are other DTS
packages that I am executing through the same .aspx page that takes
about 3 minutes to complete execution and are working absolutely fine.

By the way I have a stored procedure wrapper over every DTS package. So

when i have to execute a DTS package I execute a stored which inturn
executes a DTS package.

Thanks for reading my query. If you have any suggestions please let me
know.

Thank you in advance.Hi

Have you though about doing this through a job and not waiting?

John

"Al-Pacino" <dipenshahis@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1142436273.071208.313680@.e56g2000cwe.googlegr oups.com...
> Hello All,
> I am am having a strange problem. I am trying to execute a DTS package
> from VB .NET (.aspx) page. The DTS package takes 21 minutes to execute.
> When the aspx page sends a command to MS SQL server to execute this DTS
> package it starts executing. After 8 minutes the .aspx page shows error
> "Cannot Find Server" and errors out with a white screen. The
> inetresting thing is the DTS package is still being executed in backend
> and completes execution successfully.
>
> I have no clue why this is happening because there are other DTS
> packages that I am executing through the same .aspx page that takes
> about 3 minutes to complete execution and are working absolutely fine.
>
> By the way I have a stored procedure wrapper over every DTS package. So
> when i have to execute a DTS package I execute a stored which inturn
> executes a DTS package.
>
> Thanks for reading my query. If you have any suggestions please let me
> know.
>
> Thank you in advance.

No comments:

Post a Comment