Friday, February 24, 2012

Browser time out: when executing a DTS package

Hello All,
I am am having a strange problem. I am trying to execute a DTS package
from VB .NET (.aspx) page. The DTS package takes 21 minutes to execute.
When the aspx page sends a command to MS SQL server to execute this DTS
package it starts executing. After 8 minutes the .aspx page shows error
"Cannot Find Server" and errors out with a white screen. The
inetresting thing is the DTS package is still being executed in backend
and completes execution successfully.
I have no clue why this is happening because there are other DTS
packages that I am executing through the same .aspx page that takes
about 3 minutes to complete execution and are working absolutely fine.
By the way I have a stored procedure wrapper over every DTS package. So
when i have to execute a DTS package I execute a stored which inturn
executes a DTS package.
Thanks for reading my query. If you have any suggestions please let me
know.
Thank you in advance.The aspx page (or the command object, or whatever you are using to execute
the stored procedure) has a timeout property. When the timeout value is
reached the web page times out.
Can you increase the timeout for that one database call?
Keith Kratochvil
"Al-Pacino" <dipenshahis@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:1142435924.265991.289090@.e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...
> Hello All,
> I am am having a strange problem. I am trying to execute a DTS package
> from VB .NET (.aspx) page. The DTS package takes 21 minutes to execute.
> When the aspx page sends a command to MS SQL server to execute this DTS
> package it starts executing. After 8 minutes the .aspx page shows error
> "Cannot Find Server" and errors out with a white screen. The
> inetresting thing is the DTS package is still being executed in backend
> and completes execution successfully.
> I have no clue why this is happening because there are other DTS
> packages that I am executing through the same .aspx page that takes
> about 3 minutes to complete execution and are working absolutely fine.
> By the way I have a stored procedure wrapper over every DTS package. So
> when i have to execute a DTS package I execute a stored which inturn
> executes a DTS package.
> Thanks for reading my query. If you have any suggestions please let me
> know.
> Thank you in advance.
>|||Hi Keith,
I tried setting the time out for the command object but it still does
not work right.
It has the exact same behaviour.
Keith Kratochvil wrote:
> The aspx page (or the command object, or whatever you are using to execute
> the stored procedure) has a timeout property. When the timeout value is
> reached the web page times out.
> Can you increase the timeout for that one database call?
> --
> Keith Kratochvil
>
> "Al-Pacino" <dipenshahis@.yahoo.com> wrote in message
> news:1142435924.265991.289090@.e56g2000cwe.googlegroups.com...

No comments:

Post a Comment